Website Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA)
anti-drug law enforcement agency
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an Intelligence Officer 1 in the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) include:
- Conducting research and analysis on drug-related activities: Intelligence Officer 1 is responsible for gathering and analyzing intelligence on drug-related activities, such as drug trafficking, drug manufacturing, and drug distribution networks.
- Providing intelligence support to PDEA’s operations: The Intelligence Officer 1 works closely with PDEA’s operational units, providing them with timely and accurate intelligence to support their anti-drug operations.
- Developing and maintaining informants and sources: Intelligence Officer 1 establishes and maintains a network of informants and sources who can provide valuable information on drug-related activities.
- Conducting surveillance and reconnaissance operations: Intelligence Officer 1 conducts surveillance and reconnaissance operations to gather intelligence on drug-related activities and identify drug targets.
- Preparing intelligence reports: Intelligence Officer 1 is responsible for preparing intelligence reports based on their research and analysis, which are used to guide PDEA’s anti-drug operations.
- Collaborating with other law enforcement agencies: Intelligence Officer 1 works closely with other law enforcement agencies to coordinate efforts and share intelligence on drug-related activities.
- Testifying in court: The Intelligence Officer 1 may be called upon to testify in court as an expert witness, providing testimony based on their intelligence work.
Overall, Intelligence Officer 1 plays a critical role in PDEA’s intelligence gathering and analysis efforts, providing vital intelligence support to the agency’s operations and contributing to the country’s efforts to combat the drug problem.
- Must be 21 – 35 years old
- Must be 5’2” in height for male, 5’ in height for female (with NCIP-issued Certificate of Confirmation (COC) if under height)
- Must be a Baccalaureate degree holder
- Eligible for Career Service Second Level Position (CS Professional / Board exam passer / qualified by CSC / under special laws)
- Must be willing to be assigned anywhere in the Philippines
- Must be willing to undergo 6 to 7 months of rigid training
NOTE: It should be noted that first-level eligibility exams such as the PNP entrance eligibility, Fire Officer Eligibility, Penology Officer Eligibility, Barangay Official Eligibility (BOE), and other exams equivalent to them are not acceptable.
Do not apply if you are not:
- Computer literate
- Of good moral background
- Physically fit
- Proficient in oral & written communication skills
- Willing to be assigned anywhere in the Philippines
- Willing to undergo rigid 6 months of training